Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

Micellar cleansing water reviews


I was quite late getting on the Bioderma bandwagon, I purchased my first bottle only a few months ago. I’d seen all the reviews claiming the Sensibio H20 Micellar Solution was like cleansing your skin with water whilst removing all traces of makeup, even stubborn eye makeup. So naturally I needed to give it a go.

After using my Bioderma for a few weeks I decided a micellar cleansing water was something I needed to incorporate into my skincare routine, I personally like to use it to remove the majority of my makeup at night before using my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, and I also use it as part of my morning routine. I purchased my Bioderma online as it isn’t easily available in stores where I live, although I have spotted it in some independent London stores- you lucky Londoners!

As I was getting through Bioderma pretty quickly I decided to go on the hunt for a drugstore alternative, something more readily available, and preferably cheaper than the £10ish price tag. There were two products that I decided to try that I’ve been using for a about six weeks, so after giving them a fair trial I decided to review them, and see if anything can rival the holy grail Bioderma.



Bioderma: I hadn’t used a product like this before and was a little dubious about its claims to ‘Cleanse, remove makeup and sooth’ sensitive skin. I had visions of the water-like product smearing my makeup all over my face rather than removing it, but oh how wrong was I! With the sweep of a cotton pad your makeup is effortlessly removed, and your skin is left feeling clean, refreshed and not sore- which I sometimes find with using other liquid cleansing products. It really is like washing your face with water, except this really does the job!



Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water- I spotted this in Savers, somewhere I often forget about when looking for beauty products, but it’s worth a look as they have most drugstore brands but at even lower prices. I picked this up for £2.99 and it’s a 400ml bottle, so a total bargain! As Savers don’t have a website I'll link you to Boots where you can also get your hands on it. This product makes the same claims as Bioderma- ‘Removes makeup + cleanses + soothes’ and can be used with sensitive skin on the face, eyes and lips. Overall I’m really happy with this product, it removes my makeup well and feels very natural on the skin- no fragranced scent or oily residue. I also don’t need to use a lot of product to get the job done, a couple of cotton wool pads clears my face.


L’OREAL Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution- This is another skincare bargain I picked up in Savers for £2.99, I’d seen it in Boots for £4.99 and was happy to buy it at that price, but not one to turn down an offer I obviously brought the cheapest I found! Once again it has the same claims as the previous products so I thought it was worth a try. This product does the job, but there’s something about it that doesn’t quite work for me, I find it slightly soapy on my skin. It doesn’t feel as pure and natural as the other waters, my face almost feels as if it needs washing after using this. I also noticed that if the bottle gets shaken up, soap-like bubbles appear at the top (does that make any sense?!), something that doesn’t happen with the Bioderma or Garnier, which makes me think the solution has some kind of nasty extra added in.




Overall if I had to rate these cleaning waters I would put Bioderma in 1st place, Garnier in 2nd, and L’OREAL 3rd. I’m still happy to use the L’OREAL product but wouldn’t repurchase it, but for me the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is a great alternative to the Bioderma, and I would happily repurchase as a budget dupe for the famous French brand. Have you tried any of these products, or found any other dupes? 


7 comments:

  1. Seems like a good buy! I'm always looking to try out new products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend the Garnier and Bioderma for sure :)

      Delete
  2. I've tried Bioderma and L'oreal and I agree that the latter is just not that good. I've been searching for the Garnier alternative for a while, hopefully I can get my hands on it soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a try. Keep your eyes peeled in Boots and Superdrug as i've seen it pop up in there :) xx

      Delete
  3. Omgosh just what I needed to hear. I have just run out of Bioderma so tried the LOreal one and hate it, it's almost too watery if that makes sense and yes, soapy! It doesn't compare well at all to B, but I am going to give the Garnier one a try next now so thanks sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help! A lot of people seem to have similar thoughts on the L'Oreal, hopefully you'll have better look with the Garnier x

      Delete
  4. I have the loreal one at the moment and really don't like it, it feels greasy! Definitely going to check out the garner one next xx

    http://lookbranche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete